Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweet Moments


I'm learning that life is filled with the sweetest moments.  Things mean so much more to me now then than they did before.  I'm not sure if it's because of my kids, or where I'm at in my life or my life's journey's but I'm so filled with gratitude for everything I have.  The boys and I have been a bit under the weather for the past week or so.  This past Saturday, the boys went down for a nap and woke up quite early.  Erik was watching football so we all laid on the couch together.  Erik had Max on his chest and I John on my chest.  Erik with his head at one end of the couch and I had my head at the other end of the couch.  We don't have a big couch so all of our legs were overlapping and intertwined, including the boys.  We napped for a good hour like that until one of us had to finally move one of our legs.  I remember laying there and thinking, "I am the luckiest girl in the world".  I wouldn't trade that hour for any other in my life.

1 comment:

Hayley Fraser said...

Lovely writing, my friend. I could totally see that moment exploded in a free verse poem. My very favorite kind of writing that captures the extra-ordinary in the everyday. I've had similar thoughts myself and knew just exactly what you meant. We are lucky girls indeed. Love you.