Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Commitment Phobe

I really enjoy reading but since the boys have been born I can't seem to commit to a book. I have several lying around the house and I will pick them up and read the first few pages and then put them down. I think right now it's just too much of a commitment. I have always enjoyed reading magazines but got burnt out on the style and relationship magazines. About a year ago I discovered Hobby Farm and Hobby Farm Home. I love these magazines. They also just came out with a Chickens magazine.  A few months ago I discovered Grit and about two months ago I started reading Better Homes and Gardens. The Hobby Farms magazines and Grit come out bi-monthly which saddens me a little but I must say I look so forward to when they come out. I check the website and always check when I go into the bookstore (one of my favorite places) to see if the new issue has come out. I really should get a subscription to all of these to save money but right now I enjoy having the excuse to go to the book store to linger in the isles and see what other books and magazines I will be adding to my reading list. I know nothing of chickens and farming but have a dream of owning five to ten acres for a small scale farm.  Right now I guess I would be what is considered to be an armchair farmer. My friends are baffled about wanting chickens since I have had a long time fear of birds. I love to watch them but I don't want them near me. I have decided I will conquer this fear when the time comes for farm fresh eggs and the hours of entertainment they provide. 

No comments: