Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 - Here we go!

Happy New Year!  Gosh, I can’t believe it.  Another year has passed.  Time keeps going by faster and faster and it seems life gets busier and busier.  2011, like most years had some ups and downs.  I’m looking forward to 2012 and all the possibilities that it brings.  I have made several “resolutions”.  Really it’s more like a mental list of things I would like to focus on in 2012.   I don’t want to call them resolutions, it’s like the word diet, as soon as I use those words my goals go out the window.
So in 2012 I would like to blog more.  I’ve really been trying to decide what direction to go with this blog.  I’ve decided I would like to focus on projects I’m working on.  I’m hoping there will be a lot of furniture re-done this year.  I’m currently working on some little chairs for the boys.  They are my guinea pig project.  I’ve wanted new furniture for the house.  But we have all of this wonderful, well made, awesome furniture that was my grandparents.   I have to say, I have a very eclectic style but we look like we’re just starting out with all the mix matched furniture.  Also, the boys have already beaten the heck out of it.  (It wasn’t in great shape to begin with)  I would like to repaint it and/or refinish it.  Make it more ours and maybe feel a little bit more like we’re grownups or something.
 I would also like to focus on recipes and food.  I love taking recipes and trying to make them a bit healthier.  Erik and I both enjoy cooking and eat about 90% of our meals at home.  We also like to go out but we do that maybe once a week, once every other week.   I also love to bake.  With the time off this weekend and not traveling so far I’ve made bread pudding, homemade French bread, doughnut muffins and some home made chips for nachos later.   I know, I know you’re saying “that does not sound ‘healthy’”!  The bread pudding was definitely not healthy.  The French bread is really not too bad except for the carbs and the muffins, well they are better than eating the doughnut.  You will learn that when it comes to food I can justify eating just about anything!  What can I say, you can’t be good ALL of the time.    
Of course I will still focus on the boys, and their growth.  This next year we are also planning on starting the process of growing our family.  Erik and I have decided to adopt a third child.  We have done a lot of research and hope to start the process in the spring.  I know this journey is going to be an emotional roller coaster.  The thought of starting this process is a little scary but also really exciting.  I can’t wait to see what God has planned for us. 
Needless to say, 2012 is going to be a busy year.  I hope I can keep to my goals with this blog and the others that I’ve made to myself.  I look forward to sharing it. 
I wish you and yours a very prosperous 2012! 

1 comment:

Hayley Fraser said...

There you are! Glad to see you posting again. I, too, would like to blog more. As for cooking more, that's not one of my goals but probably should be. I find myself googling ways to exercise and lose weight instead of getting out and doing something! Good luck with the adoption process...some sweet little child is about to win the lottery if they end up part of your family. Love, love, love...