Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birds of A Feather

My parents brought a bird feeder down with them when they visited in February.  We set it up and can't seem to keep the bird feed in it.  It's wonderful when it's full.  There will be almost a dozen birds on there at a time.  One will fly away and another will come, perch and eat.  I love it because I can see the feeder from the kitchen window and while I'm sitting in the couch in the living room.  While cleaning the dishes and/or bottles (there seems there is always a bottle to be cleaned in this house now) I can completely zone out while watching the birds.  I remember as a child my parents had a bird feeder outside our kitchen window and they had a bird book.  Whenever there was a new bird or something they had not seen before they would look it up.  I saw the most unusual bird the other day.  It was so pretty it was black with a red and yellow stripe down its wing.  I've never seen a bird like this.  We don't have a bird book but of course we do have the internet so I looked it up and it was a Red-winged Blackbird.  He came back the other day, I get so excited when I see he is so pretty.  I really hope he makes our house a regular stop. 

No comments: