Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Scrimmage


Last weekend we took a family trip to Columbia, MO and went to Mizzou's spring football scrimmage.  It was a gorgeous day and there was quite a turnout.  The boys are turning into quite the little travelers.  I think it's easier to take them places at this age because they are not mobile yet so they are fine being strapped to Mom & Dad.  As long as they get fed and their diapers changed, they are happy campers.  Who says there is no life after twins?!?!?  Erik and I have decided that we are not going to push football (his love) and horses (my love) on the boys.  We will support whatever their interests are...but I think we both hope they have an interest in our loves.  It's such a big part of our lives that they will be surrounded by both.  I have noticed lately that Erik puts on ESPN when there are old college games on.  He sometimes watches it with them but also leaves this on when the boys are sleeping in the living room and we are not in the room.  I think it's a good thing to have in the background for them because TV is so crazy these days that it's a safe choice.  I do think he may have an ulterior motive though, I tease him that he is using osmosis on the boys.  It will be interesting to see if this little trick pays off.

2 comments:

Hayley Fraser said...

Omg! I love your blog. You're doing great with it. I am adding it to my sidebar and will check it every single day. I am hoping to do some posting this weekend. I want to plant some flowers and I've been working on my porches, too. I love the weekends... Boys look like they're doing great!

Big Six Stables said...

Thanks Hayley! You're the one who got me started...it's a bit addicting. I always look forward to your new posts so I hope you do add some this weekend. :)