Friday, April 16, 2010

Adorable

We have received some pretty amazing baby gifts.  Some of my favorites are from my very dear cousins in Florida.  Simply adorable. Erik's brother is getting married in June so I already have plans for these outfits.




I would have never thought of these and think they are so cute and clever. I know they will get a lot of wear.




 My cousin also gave me this wonderful book.

 I've only read a little bit of it but can't wait to pick it up and read more.  There are so many wonderful tips in there.  I plan on asking Erik to read it also because I have connected with everything I've read so far and feel that it offers amazing philosophies and tools to raising kids.  One of my favorite things so far is the five principles of raising your kids and one of them is based on the quote from Maya Angelou who I believe is one of the most wise people of our time.  The quote is "The past is the past and the future is perfect".  I love, love, love this.  I've already been thinking of what I can get this engraved/painted/etched on.  Something for the kitchen, the kid's room, or just something where we can be reminded of this on a daily basis.  It will be now on the side of my blog for a reminder for all.

No comments: